Eurostar can come back from this, but they are going to have to spend valuable resources regaining trust and credibility. There are lessons for all of us to make sure we don’t make the same mistakes:
- Have a crisis plan in place; update it often
- Train your people in customer service and empower them: patronizing is not customer service
- Communicate frequently and forthrightly — remember, if you don’t communicate, others will communicate for you, especially now. This is the era of real-time communications.
Also, companies must learn to communicate. It used to be that companies and brands delivered messages to us; now it’s a true conversation, but many of them still don’t want to take part. How?
- Get into the conversation now: Facebook, LinkedIn, Viadeo, Xing, Twitter
- Be forthright and human in your communication
- Remember: it’s a conversation, not a soliloquy. Do not grandstand, take part.
We’ll expand on this in our Twitter feeds — follow us!